MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND EXHIBITION CENTRE (MITEC)
The beating heart of the city
The Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC) is a magnificent showpiece that boasts state-of-the-art facilities and capable of hosting heavy industries show and large scale events, the first of its kind in the country.
The country’s largest exhibition centre with 1 million square feet of exhibition space and triple volume exhibition halls, MITEC also consists of the largest pillar-less exhibition hall in Malaysia which is equivalent to 2 football fields.
The exhibition centre is able to accommodate up to 47,700 visitors in theatre style seating and 28,300 guests in the banquet arrangement at any one time.
The Venue is strategically located within the Jalan Duta Government Complex area in the Kuala Lumpur district and shared the same district with notable landmarks such as the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) Headquarters, MATRADE Tower, The Federal Territory Mosque, Kuala Lumpur High Court and the Istana Negara (National Palace).
MITEC is the first component and flagship of KL Metropolis, a city within a city where trade, commerce, living and transport converge over 75.5 acres of prime land development in an ambitious effort to create one of Southeast Asia’s most iconic developments, which will also comprise:
- Condominiums and Grade A office towers;
- 5 star hotels and an international retail centre;
- Landmark tower;
- A 260-room four-star international business hotel is part of the KL Metropolis development. It would be the first entry into the Malaysian market for the hotel brand.
- A hybrid of work, play and entertainment elements, the KL Metropolis is also home to the Metropolis Park, the 5 acres (27,000 sq ft) of urban parks and recreational facilities to help enhance and maintain green spaces in Klang Valley, in line with the Greater KL initiative.
- The KL Metropolis is strategically located and flanked by affluent neighbourhoods such Damansara Heights, Sri Hartamas, Mont Kiara and Bangsar. The remaining phases of KL Metropolis are expected to be completed by 2025 and would be located close to the MRT Circle Line 3, in which work is expected to start in 2016.
- Access to the MITEC is not a problem as there are 1,400 bays available at the Venue’s tiered basement car park including an open space zone. VIPs and valet parking services are also offered for guests’ convenience.
- MITEC has been awarded with the Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC) by RSP Architects and is en route to achieve ISO compliance including the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points Certification (HACCP) recognised. HACCP is the international food safety system for international convention facilities and five-star hotels.
Malaysia International Trade & Exhibition Centre
Kompleks MITEC No.8, Jalan Dutamas 2
50480 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Tel: (603) 6206 0100
MITEC Basement Car Park
MATRADE Exhibition & Convention Centre (MECC)
from Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim - Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
from Selayang - Jalan Kuching - Jalan Dutamas 2
Supporting Partners & Sponsors
Informa Markets Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (formerly known as United Business Media (M) Sdn. Bhd.)
Company No. 201101014009 (942149-W)
Suite 5-01, Level 5, Sunway VISIO Tower, Lingkaran SV, Sunway Velocity,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,
: +603 9771 2688
: +603 9771 2799
Rest Of The World
: +03 9771 2688
Ms. Geonice Chong
: [email protected]
Visitor, Association & Media Partnership
Mr. Tan Kian Yap & Ms. Lee Pui Teng
: [email protected]